What is Lifestyle Medicine?
Over 65% of all deaths worldwide are the result of lifestyle choices, while 80% of the healthcare spending is directly related to the treatment of conditions rooted in lifestyle choices.
What is NEAT Fit?
High levels of sedentary activity have been linked to an increased risk of metabolic disease, cardiovascular diseases, cancers and lower mortality even in the presence of daily moderate to vigorous exercise.
Who created the NEAT Fit Coaching Program?
Why you should study this course
Attract new markets to promote your fitness or allied health business
Be more competitive in the overcrowded health and fitness marketplace
Access the rapidly growing sedentary market
Attract older adults and clients with special needs
Promote your business in the broader community
Improve retention rates within your existing fitness program
Support the World Health organisation initiative of reducing inactivity by 10% by 2025
Obtain a new unique evidence-based qualification
Work with other allied health professionals towards reducing sedentary time globally
Be part of the rapidly growing field of Lifestyle Medicine
– Jon Nasta, Fit Pro Jan/Feb 2020
What are the unique features of the NEAT Fit Coaching Program?
The online NEAT Fit Coaching Program consists of 10 modules divided into 24 individual units. These modules include 24 video lectures with accompanying audio and 300 pages of evidence based written lecture notes and research studies, 3 case studies and 35 short answer questions.
There is also an additional Resource File with a further 300 research articles for you to read at your leisure.
At the end of every module are “take home“ points that summarise the information presented
You can pause the lectures at any time and work your way through them at your own pace. Balance your course around work and family commitments.
Focus on one module at a time and come back to it if incomplete
Ongoing support throughout your course
Member of the NEAT Fit Coaching closed Facebook group
You will be mentored by Dr Paul Batman, the creator of the NEAT Fit Coaching Program, who will lead you through the course.
Become part of a public Facebook community that will provide you with regular posts keeping you up to date about all things NEAT.
You can complete NEAT Fit Coaching Program entirely online
You can study at your own pace, anywhere and at anytime
You can access Tertiary level information presented in a simple and interactive manner
You can complete all your assessments online
You can be assured that the extensive information presented is support by evidence-based research and peer reviewed
The NEAT Fit Coaching Program has been peer reviewed by Exercise Scientist, Fitness Professionals, Clinical Exercise Physiologists, University Academics, Sports Medicine and Strength and Conditioning Professionals
How you can complete the course
- Download your notes and research document
- Set yourself a thirty-minute timer
- Listen to the lecture presentation
- Stand and roam for 2 minutes (every thirty minutes)
- Read the evidence based written accompanying research
- Stand and roam for 2 minutes (every 30 minutes)
- Answer the short quiz at the end of each module
- Review: Download your resource File for an additional information
- Access: Gain access to our online community of NEAT Fit coaches and share ideas with like-minded people and experts in the field
What you will learn
Who should enrol in the NEAT Fit Coaching Program?
- Fitness Professionals
- Medical Practitioners
- Community Health Workers
- Exercise Physiologists
- Massage Therapists
- Pilates instructors
- Occupational Therapists
- Nutritional Counsellors
- Program Coordinators
- Yoga Teachers
- Drama/art and music therapists
- Health Educators
- Teachers at all levels
- Corporate health consultants
- Aged care professionals
- All Allied health professionals whom have an interest in Lifestyle Medicine and Physical activity
- Ideal for Allied Health Professionals involved in the “Make Every Contact Count Program”
- Life Coaches
- Health Coaches
- Lifestyle Counsellors
- Wellness Coaches
- Diabetes Educator
- Public Health Officer
What can this qualification lead to?
- Enhanced services as a NEAT Fit Coach
- Additional employment stream for Personal Trainers, Exercise Specialists, Massage Therapists, Group Exercise Instructors and all Allied Health Professionals
- Working with Allied Health Professionals in Medical Fitness and Lifestyle Medicine
- Working in corporate health programs, aged care programs and family healthcare programs
- Working with Health Educators and community fitness groups to create sustainable physical activity opportunities
- Work with Health and Government agencies
- Working with education specialists to promote everyday physical activity to students outside of formal fitness programs